Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Another Great Adventure!!







May the Fourth be with you!!

We had 2 baptisms this weekend for a boy and girl who are both ten. We were able to teach both of them. It was an amazing weekend!! We got to go to our ward and the next ward for the two different confirmations. That led to a really long Sunday. I haven't had a Sunday that long since I was a mini-missionary. Speaking of which, we have another mini-missionary: Sister Templin from Salem. She is awesome!! 











During the Newberg first ward Sacrament meeting, one of the young men who is preparing to go on his mission to Alaska told a story about one of his friends who asked him about his mission and said what if you are wrong and there is no God?? This is how he responded: 

"If I'm wrong, then I will have spent my life serving the God I loved. I will die surrounded by my friends and family. And it will all have been for nothing, because there is nothing. But if I'm right, then I will have spent my life serving the God I loved. I will die surrounded by my friends and family and I will spend eternity with the God I love, and my friends and family and my older brother: Jesus Christ." My companions and I thought that was the greatest answer ever! 

We have exchanges tonight. Sister Williams goes back to her first area: Forest Grove with Sister Mower. Sister Templin and I will stay and be joined with Sister Agader who served in Newberg a few months ago. We are enjoying the work. I just wanted to share my testimony about the 8th article of faith: 


"We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God." 

The Bible has been translated so many different times and there are so many different versions available. I am grateful to have a prophet on the earth who receives revelation from God for each of us and that we have the Book of Mormon, which is pure and untainted by the world of men. I know that the Book of Mormon is the most correct book on earth and it will bring you closer to God and Jesus Christ than any other book!  If you don't believe me, then pray and ask God and he will tell you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment