Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Redmond: "The Celestial Side of the Mountain"


On Saturday last week, I felt like I was going to be transferred. I feel like that everytime we get transfer calls though, so I was surprised to find out that I was actually being transferred. On Tuesday, I packed 5 packages to send home and then I filled my 2 suitcases, my carry-on, 3 boxes, 2 bags, and 2 and a half purses plus my hulahoop and I was ready for the transfer meeting. We got there and I was talking to Sister Abra,s and she told me not to worry, there's one Spanish sister, one STL and only regular sister going over the mountain, and that I will probably stay locally. I looked at allof the other sisters and I though, one of them is my new companion. They announced all of the trainers, there are 23 new missionaries this transfer, then they announced the Redmond Zone and I was the first sister called to leave. Redmond is 2 and a half hours away from Newberg and the rest of the mission. It is in central Oregon. Since it is so far away, for transfer meetings, only the missionaries who are leaving go. So my companion was not at the meeting. I got to ride with the 2 other sisters going to Bend and the stake patriarch and his wife.

We got a phone call on Thursday from our Zone Leader and he said, "Sister Martin, we were talking to President and he said you are being emergency transferred.... just kidding." I didn't think it was very funny... but it did get me thinking about how much time I do have left. Time is something we have no control over. It makes me strive to do my best every day. To give the Lord my all. D&C 4:2 "See that ye serve Him with all your heart, might, mind, and strength."

Sister Spencer and I are very excited to be companions! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment