Thursday, February 12, 2015

Week 2!

2 weeks down 76 weeks left!!!! 

Wow, so much has happened since I got to Oregon! We have been so busy! It feels as if I've been out for over a month but it's only been 10 days. We had six lessons scheduled in one day last week and every single lesson canceled on us. Then we knocked on this lady's door and she let us in!!! She speaks spanish, but so does sister Kinneard. Well, we were talking to her and she said she will believe everything we tell her if we can show her where in the Bible; Thomas S. Monson is called to be a prophet.  :(   She is a Jehovah Witness. 


We had a busy week. Apparently, part of our ward is outside of our mission boundaries. I don't know how that happened but it did. 



Did i mention that my district consists of me and my companion and our district leader: Elder Munoz and his companion Elder Eyring and the 2 APs: Elder McGlothin and Elder McKinlay. It is such a great district. There is a lot that I can learn from them. We are the only sister missionaries in all of Newberg, So I have only one other sister missionary and she is training sister Summers who came from the MTC. 



I was going to be trained by Sister Allen in February last year. She was called by President Samuelian to be a trainer and she was super nervous having been out for only 6 weeks. Well when the new missionaries came in, i wasn't there so she didn't have to train. The next transfer she was asked to train and her new companion was Sister Kinneard! Now Sister Kinneard is training me! So in a way sister Allen did get to train me after all. Pretty neat huh? :)

Sister Martin and Sister Kinneard! 

No comments:

Post a Comment