Saturday, February 8, 2014

Starting Out

Starting out on Tuesday night, our very last night with her for the next 18 months, we let Kelly decide what she wanted for her last dinner with the family. The answer was obvious for everyone; she wanted In N' Out.
Kelly thinking about what she'll experience in Oregon.

Here is a picture of me with my sister missionary. :)















"Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting." ~Peter Pan










As of Wednesday, February 6, 2014, Sister Kelly Martin boarded the plane going to the MTC in Provo. Mom and I took Kelly to the airport and said our goodbyes. I go by what I say, "Goodbyes are never easy and they're usually always messy! Sometimes it's best to just smile and wave."


My last selfie with her!

She's so excited!
Getting her ticket!

We parted ways at this point.
Headed for the 'abyss'.

And here she is waving to Mom and I.



The best for last! 
She arrived to the MTC safe and sound and has been there ever since Wednesday. I've sent her a letter already, using dearelder.com! I'm stoked to receive my first letter from her the time just won't come fast enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment